Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cleveland family inventions

For the past few mornings, I have been in true bliss. I've been on a mission to get myself up and dressed before Felicity wakes up. If I don't, I often find that I don't get ready until late in the day or sometimes, sadly enough, not at all. Nothing makes me feel more...hmm...what's the word...disgusting?? than when Justin comes home and I look the exact same way I did when he left at 7 a.m. Ughh. But, I digress. This is what has been making me so happy and what you must try!

When you make your pot of coffee, sprinkle a bit of each of these right over the coffee grounds.


It will look something like this:


I don't measure, but I don't think you can really mess it up. I probably put about twice as much cinnamon as I do nutmeg and cloves. I have a bean grinder on my pot, but I haven't been using it as much lately. If you're grinding fresh beans, then I would put the spices in the filter and then the fresh grounds will mix when they fall down.

Then you will be able to enjoy homemade Christmas coffee like this: (and as a side note, your house will smell amazing.)

I highly suggest making coffee the night before and setting the timer, if you have one. It only takes maybe two extra minutes. I usually do it when I'm cooking dinner, waiting for something to finish or when Justin is doing the dishes after dinner. Then you can wake up the next morning and sleepily follow the amazing scent down the hallway to the fresh pot of hot Christmas coffee. Ahhh...

And yes, I am still nursing and yes, I'm still drinking coffee. Please don't judge me! I've switched to the 1/2 caff version, but I just can't cut it out completely. It's what gets me going in the mornings. Well, that and walking into see this little face:


So, I've been thrilled with my new "invention" and then noticed last night, that my darling husband has an interesting invention of his own.

Toe stirrups:


He says it keeps his feet warm. I really don't know what else to say about them. I think they speak for themselves.

So, feel free to take your pick, as a gift from our family to yours, if you want to implement either of our inventions into your home this winter. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I do this to my coffee too! It's the best! I haven't added cloves. I need to try that! Give Fe a hug from us. :) Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash! LOve your inventions and totally know what you mean about getting up before the baby! I was in such a good routine when my bible study was meeting but I'm in a terrible habit again with the holiday break! My whole day is SO much better if I can get up before G!

    ReplyDelete